Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Yo-yos are fun, but not on the scale



I have to keep reminding myself that this is a journey, not a race. Constantly.

My lowest so far was 247.5, but that was after two days of liquids following my latest fill -- so I know it's not realistic to maintain that once you have to eat. However, just over a week of that date, I was up six pounds from that low. Within another five days or so, I was down five of those six. However, the last two days I am up three of those five.

I'm not eating badly, and I've gone back to exercise after about two weeks where I didn't do much of anything. However, my portions are not really any smaller after this fill than they were after my second one. Not huge, again, but somewhat normal sized for your average human -- about 4-5 ounces of protein, one vegetable, and a salad. That's standard for lunch and dinner. Sometimes for lunch I also have a fruit like grapes, and often a couple hours after dinner I may have a fat-free yogurt. Breakfast is pretty consistently a protein shake as I am not hungry first thing... though sometimes I have the grapes from lunch with the breakfast shake. And I am VERY good about my water and not drinking extra calories in any fashion. Sodas and coffee have been out since surgery.

So all in all, I'm not eating badly -- nor do I think I'm eating too little. But this yo-yo on the scale gets a bit aggravating. I don't get panicked like I used to when dieting -- I keep telling myself that I will eventually be there, whatever "there" is. And I've lost about 40 pounds since 11/21, which I feel is pretty darned good.

Still, it's annoying. :(

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. I have maintained my weight of 254 now since December 2008. I go up a few pounds and then lose them and a few more and then back to the 254 again. I am getting a fill on March 12th as the last two weeks I feel like I can eat almost ANYTHING I want. I am trying to behave but with no restriction to speak of, it is tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's hard. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not a race, that I will be where I want and need to be eventually.

    Hang in there, and I will too. :)

    ReplyDelete