Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Anybody try the honey and cinnamon cleanse/weight loss formula?


I got this in e-mail the other day but there were no real details about it other than drinking a "tea" made from honey and cinnamon in hot water aids in weight loss.

Now I know we're not on a diet, and I'm not looking at this as some quick-fix thing, but I spent the last couple nights reading up on this, and apparently it's been around for centuries and used by the Egyptians and other ancient civilizations.

Apparently honey and cinnamon combined have some really great qualities about them that supposedly aid in many things, including lowering cholesterol, "de-aging" the skin, and clearing up pimples.

Anyway, I found a site where there were a lot of people who swear that they have lost due to drinking this "tea" (though of course there were some who saw no difference and another few who said they were changing other things about their lives so they couldn't attribute the weight loss ONLY to the "tea"), and somebody gave a very detailed way in which to fix it, which I will post here:

This is really works, It starts with the fat that you already have and starts moving that out. Please be advised that you should not pour the boiling water over the raw honey as it will lose it’s enzymes and you will not have effective weightloss. Follow correctly and you will lose the weight.Here is the correct version of the receipe below:

Cinnamon and Honey formula for weight loss:

This should be prepared at night before going to bed.

1. Use 1 part cinnamon to 2 parts raw honey. 1/2 tsp cinnamon to 1 tsp honey is recommended but can use more or less as long as in the ratio of 1 to 2. — so 1 tsp cinnamon to 2 tsp raw honey is ok too as an example.

2. Boil 1 cup…that is 8 oz of water.

3. Pour water over cinnamon and cover and let it steep for 1/2 hour..(30 minutes)

4. Add honey now that it has cooled. Never add honey when it is hot as the heat will destroy the enzymes and other nutrients in the raw honey.

5. Drink 1/2 of this directly before going to bed. The other 1/2 should be covered and refrigerated.

6. In the morning drink the other half that you refirgerated…but do not re-heat it…drink it cold or at room temp only.

Do not add anything else to this recipe. No lemon, no lime, no vinegar. It is not necessary to drink it more time in a day…it is only effective on an empty stomach and primarily at night.

This works for most people. Inches are lost before any measurement on the scales. This program will cause significant inches lost…but you will reach a plateau and may not lose anymore. This is because the cinnamon and honey cause a cleansing effect in the digestive tract and cleans out parasites and other fungus and bacteria that slow down the digestion…causing a toxic build up. (Lowers pH) Once this is all cleaned out then you will most likely have the weight loss slow down.

Other side effects from a cleansing can occur because of toxins being released…if this occurs, cut back on how much you use or take a break.

Additionally people report increased energy, more sex drive, and feeling happier/mood enhancer.

*NOTE:The honey used needs to be REAL RAW UNPASTEURIZED HONEY. If it says PURE honey it is most likely pasteurized. It is best to only buy honey that says RAW or UNPASTEURIZED on the label. The difference is that the enzymes are all heated out of the pasteurized honey.


http://www.weight-loss-advisor.com/blog/2006/05/23/have-you-tried-honey-and-cinnamon-for-weight-loss/

25 comments:

  1. did you give this a shot at all? if so, how did it work? i'm hearing a lot about honey and cinnamon and health benefits, and am just curious about any differences people who have tried it have noticed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using the honey and cinnamon for about a month now, combined with fasting 2 days a week and people have commented on how much slimmer I look. I don't weigh myself I just wanted to be healthier and I certainly feel healthier for doing this. My main concern was my bloated stomach, it's much flatter now. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. My husband and I have been doing this for 2 months (missing very few times). We have both lost a lot of weight without exercising. We have not been fasting or anything else that would make weight drop off. This h worked for us. Now that we are thinner, time to start exercising. We made sure it is Ceylon Cinnamon and raw honey.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just started this, but a little confused about steeping the cinnamon and water....it doesn't fully mix in when I stir it, but do you just drink it straight even though there is some residue? I don't mind doing that, just want to make sure there isn't another way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Courtney, I read that you can strain the mixture with a cheesecloth or a straining cloth. It takes away the cinnamon that doesn't dissolve. I hope that helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney, granted I am new to trying this new trend, however, I have found that that heep of cinnamon and honey that doesn't mix (it tastes like and looks like a big glob)seems to aid in digestion. When I drink it, within minutes my stomach will start to gurgle, which I have been told by a nurse, is the sound of digestion. I've been drinking the globs ever since

    ReplyDelete
  6. So usually when the word 'cleanse' is used, one of the side effects is loose stools. Should i worry about this with the cinnamon and honey mixture?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I have been drinking the Ceylon Cinnamon an raw honey tea for 2 months now and have both lost a lot of weight. We have missed very few times. We have not been fasting or doing anything else so extreme that this much weight should have come off. This is a winner for us. I am curious about steeping the cinnamon in green tea or (is it?) oolong tea?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. can this be done without heating the cinnamon. i mean, by just mixing cinnamon, honey and plain lukewarm water?

    ReplyDelete
  10. G Chen, I don't know how it would be done without heating the cinnamon simply by virtue of it being put into very hot water. The lukewarm water won't melt the honey properly, so you'll end up with clumps of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey thanx a ton to share this formula. .am gonna start it soon but I need your help ..actually I drink 4 glasses of water daily ryt after waking up,then after 45 minutes I have my breakfast. As you mentioned that this tea should be taken in empty stomach so am confused plz advice me ..what should I do to manage both things I mean tea and 4 glasses of water. ...as I want the best effect of it thanx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been on this for three days, but I'm doing it sort of backwards. I do the cinnamon steeping in the morning and drink the cold remainder at night. Also, I read that the honey/cinnamon ratio was 1:1, so that's what I've been using. My question is, does anyone else do the steeping during the day/ Does it make a difference/

    ReplyDelete
  13. If it works best on an empty stomach, how long after should I wait to eat breakfast? What if I happen to have a late dinner or snack and drink it on a full stomach? Will that effect it any at night?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. can i boil with cinamon and water together and then allow to cool it.is that ok,please reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uma, I wouldn't. I use raw honey, and if you boil it, you can actually kill the "active ingredients" in the honey.

      Delete
  16. I have been doing this for 4 days but I don't drink it at night. Also instead of sugar in my coffie I use the raw honey, and sprinkle cinnamon in my coffie. I stated cleansing the very next day big time. I'm wondering if I should be taking a vitamin with all this cleansing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been doing dis routine since a mnth now. ..n I dint see even an inch diffrence...I was using 1:1ratio of honey n ceylon..may b dis is d reason I m not getting d results������. .n also I was boiling ceylon n water together

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been drinking honey and ground cinnamon powder for 5 days but no weight loss. Also when i drink it, i see the cinnamon mixture settled down at the bottom.is this fine? Or am i doing something wrong? Please help

    ReplyDelete