Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Anybody try the honey and cinnamon cleanse/weight loss formula?
I got this in e-mail the other day but there were no real details about it other than drinking a "tea" made from honey and cinnamon in hot water aids in weight loss.
Now I know we're not on a diet, and I'm not looking at this as some quick-fix thing, but I spent the last couple nights reading up on this, and apparently it's been around for centuries and used by the Egyptians and other ancient civilizations.
Apparently honey and cinnamon combined have some really great qualities about them that supposedly aid in many things, including lowering cholesterol, "de-aging" the skin, and clearing up pimples.
Anyway, I found a site where there were a lot of people who swear that they have lost due to drinking this "tea" (though of course there were some who saw no difference and another few who said they were changing other things about their lives so they couldn't attribute the weight loss ONLY to the "tea"), and somebody gave a very detailed way in which to fix it, which I will post here:
This is really works, It starts with the fat that you already have and starts moving that out. Please be advised that you should not pour the boiling water over the raw honey as it will lose it’s enzymes and you will not have effective weightloss. Follow correctly and you will lose the weight.Here is the correct version of the receipe below:
Cinnamon and Honey formula for weight loss:
This should be prepared at night before going to bed.
1. Use 1 part cinnamon to 2 parts raw honey. 1/2 tsp cinnamon to 1 tsp honey is recommended but can use more or less as long as in the ratio of 1 to 2. — so 1 tsp cinnamon to 2 tsp raw honey is ok too as an example.
2. Boil 1 cup…that is 8 oz of water.
3. Pour water over cinnamon and cover and let it steep for 1/2 hour..(30 minutes)
4. Add honey now that it has cooled. Never add honey when it is hot as the heat will destroy the enzymes and other nutrients in the raw honey.
5. Drink 1/2 of this directly before going to bed. The other 1/2 should be covered and refrigerated.
6. In the morning drink the other half that you refirgerated…but do not re-heat it…drink it cold or at room temp only.
Do not add anything else to this recipe. No lemon, no lime, no vinegar. It is not necessary to drink it more time in a day…it is only effective on an empty stomach and primarily at night.
This works for most people. Inches are lost before any measurement on the scales. This program will cause significant inches lost…but you will reach a plateau and may not lose anymore. This is because the cinnamon and honey cause a cleansing effect in the digestive tract and cleans out parasites and other fungus and bacteria that slow down the digestion…causing a toxic build up. (Lowers pH) Once this is all cleaned out then you will most likely have the weight loss slow down.
Other side effects from a cleansing can occur because of toxins being released…if this occurs, cut back on how much you use or take a break.
Additionally people report increased energy, more sex drive, and feeling happier/mood enhancer.
*NOTE:The honey used needs to be REAL RAW UNPASTEURIZED HONEY. If it says PURE honey it is most likely pasteurized. It is best to only buy honey that says RAW or UNPASTEURIZED on the label. The difference is that the enzymes are all heated out of the pasteurized honey.
Posted by Beth at 10:46 PM