Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wow, REALLY??


I was walking down the hall today and one of my bosses saw me from behind and said, "Wow, I'm really noticing that your waist is pulling in!" I said, "Wow, REALLY?" Obviously I can't see what they see, especially from behind, but it was GREAT that somebody said something!

Later on I was talking to another boss and we were talking about exercise (I had done some lunges last night and my butt is hurtin', lol) and she said, "You are really starting to look good!" And of course I said, "Wow, REALLY?" :)

It's nice when people start to notice like that. When you lose 40 pounds but have to lose about 160 total, it feels like a drop in the bucket. However, the reality of it is, I'm about 1/4 of the way there! In four months!!

This was a nice gift on the eve of my fourth fill, and especially since this month (okay, three weeks) has been so up and down. I should realize a definite loss come tomorrow when they weigh me in, just not as much as I had hoped.

No worries. This is a journey, not a race, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment