Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I found out some good information today


As I mentioned, I got my fourth fill.

I decided to ask Dr. Paul something which had me a bit confused about eating. His nurse said that my question was also listed in a bariatric magazine they get, so it appears it confuses a few people.

I asked if I should be eating a somewhat regular-sized meal right now and waiting for more restriction, or should I be focusing on eating a certain amount of food (say, a cup) and using it to gauge my satiety. He said it's the latter -- I should now be at the point where I eat about a cup of food, eat it slooowly (still an issue with me), and then walk away. Wait about 10-15 minutes since it takes the stomach that long to cue the brain that you are satisfied. If by chance you are still hungry, get a bit more, but he says that about a cup-worth of food should be enough at this stage.

I laughed at him, though, because he said that I need to determine how much is enough. I said, "Dr. Paul, if I could have ever figured that out before now, I wouldn't have needed my band now, would I?" :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this.... I've been wondering the same thing. I need to start measuring food. I did it a couple times and was actually surprised by how much food it was. Oatmeal, are we measuring a cup of dry or a cup of cooked oatmeal???? Anyway, thanks for the helpful information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I was wondering if we were to eat until full (not stuffed, obviously), and that's not necessarily the case. I would imagine later on we will FEEL full after a few bites, but I'm guessing not right now.

    ReplyDelete