Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, December 11, 2008

My first real test



Had my boss's retirement party today. LOTS of goodies, LOTS of sweets, and LOTS of food (everybody brought something, and we hosted for others in the building). Desserts, sandwiches, cake, cookies, and sodas.

I had had lunch (a cup of soup) and figured I'd have a little something from the goodie table. Considering how I usually do, I can't believe how well I did!! I brought some creme puffs from Costco (each about the size of a ping-pong ball) and had four of those, and the only other thing I had was a "torte" that a coworker made which is light and fantastic -- crumbled chocolate cake (no icing) mixed with Cool Whip, chocolate pudding, and topped with crushed Skor bars. I had two small helpings of that.

That's IT... oh, and a bottle of water. And I felt kinda full! I absolutely couldn't believe it! I don't know if my stomach has shrunk or if this is still mostly willpower, but before today I would have had plate after plate of stuff. I chose the two things I would have wanted the most and had some. And I didn't feel guilty. That was the best part of it! I had just a little, and I felt good -- rather than having none and feeling bad or having way too much and feeling worse.

I consider today a real victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment