Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day


Another Christmas is here and gone, but I am having mine while being sick. What I thought was only a cold I now believe may be a bit more due to all the achiness. And HOW does the human body make SO MUCH snot? Omg... And when I sleep and it can't find its way out of my consistently blocked right nostril, my sinuses are overrunning via my right eye. I napped from 3:30 until 7:00 this evening.

However, because my Thanksgiving dinner consisted of chicken brother and other liquids, I was determined to have our Christmas dinner: a little ham, sweet potato, and green beans with garlic. I even bought a quarter of a cheesecake (cut into three slices) and haven't had any yet, even though had I paid one dollar more, I could have had an entire cheesecake. Grrr... what price gouging. But I didn't WANT a whole cheesecake in the house, so I guess it's worth it.

So here I sit, aching and blowing, and blowing and aching, with a cough and sneeze thrown in periodically for good measure. Bah, humbug. But I DID get the motorcycle helmet I've been wanting! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon!! Congrats on the helmet! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, CC. Omg, I got on the scale today and I'm down 2.5 pounds... and I bet it's ALL snot. :D

    To top it off, hubby's long-time friend is driving up from Houston and was expected tomorrow. A couple hours ago he called and was in Roanake!! Omg, we've been running around picking stuff up to make it tolerable. When you're sick, you know how bad things get.

    ReplyDelete