Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009



Well here it is, the new year. It doesn't really feel any different than 2008 did, except that there is one major change: My BAND!

This is my year. By this time next year I anticipate I will be in onderland; I will realize that I have mirrors in my house; I will enjoy going out to functions; I will enjoy shopping for clothes; I will not be traumatized when I get into airplane seats or amusement park rides; I will feel better about myself being naked in front of DH; and I WILL get a matching set of lingerie for the first time ever!

I made a commitment to myself that I will become best friends with my band and help her help me. I also have my tattoo -- BELIEVE -- to remind me whenever I put hand to mouth that I have committed to myself.





And this is the last time I will look like this *shudder*:





Yes, 2009 is the beginning of the end of never having my picture taken, too. Thank God for the Hawaii trip we took in October, otherwise I would have no before pics!

3 comments:

  1. You will do all those things you mentioned and MORE ! And what is even better is you , i dont think realize what you will feel like , how you will feel how much better you will feel. I envy ya'll who started blogging your feelings right after surgery . I wish i had. You can look back and see how far you have come !! Remember that post in a yr . You will be SO FAR !! You can do all of this and MORE !!
    LOVE THE TATTOO !

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with Mindy. you can and will do it!!

    happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, y'all. I dunno... they way I ate tonight... lol. Though really it wasn't bad. Went out to a steak place here and got a fantastic salad. One of those large, meal-sized ones. With grilled chicken. And mangos. And grapes. And cashews. It was fantastic. Had a little bit of hubby's steak too, but it was only about a half-dozen bites. So all in all, it wasn't a BAD meal, just lots of it. Doubt I'll make it the full month before getting my next fill.

    ReplyDelete