Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, June 27, 2009

I don't care how much he begs...


...never again will I go to an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Tonight DH wanted to go to Golden Corral, a smorgasbord of mediocre quasi-food in mass quantities. At one time I really used to like this place, but I guess because my food consumption is limited, I'm a bit more of a food snob now.

But... he begged and said he really wanted to go. I tried to talk him into sushi, and he said, okay, but I'd really like Golden Corral. >sigh< So I gave in. I wasn't really happy about it, and I made my feelings known, but I drove in that direction anyway.

What is worse is it is THIRTY. FRIKKEN. MILES. AWAY. Yes, thirty miles to eat mass quantities of sub-par quasi-food. Color me stoopid.

Oh, and did I mention we ate with the foodie friends? >deep sigh< I never had a chance.

So we went, the food was... okay... and though I didn't eat anywhere the amount I used to, it was still a bit too much. It's easy to do in a setting like that, and it's precisely the reason I have not gone to a buffet since being banded. All I did tonight was prove to myself that it is never to be done again. Ever. No, seriously. What pisses me off the most was that it wasn't even that good. And I overdid it on food that I didn't really enjoy. Nice.

On the plus side, the foodies paid for dinner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment