Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Got off my ass today


TWICE!!

Okay, came back from vacation -- short but sweet, but ate too much junk. I have a fill scheduled for Thursday, and I shouldn't be surprised to find I had a slight gain. It's possible, but truth be told, I haven't been on the scale in a week.

Took the dogs for a walk/run today and logged just over an hour, along with about 6700 steps. I ran a few times, which gave me 8 minutes of vigorous activity (I'm getting all of this from my GoWear Fit).

My friend asked me this evening about 9:00 if I wanted to go out with her to walk, as she is beginning the Couch to 5K program. At first I said, Nah, it's a bit late. But I thought, Heck, go ahead and go. So we did it. Week 1, that is. It's about 30 minutes of exercise, with a 5-minute warm-up, then intermittent walk/runs of 90 seconds and 60 seconds, respectively (eight runs total). The first 60 seconds was a breeze, surprisingly. The second one was a brisk wind. By the end, the run was more like a stale fart. WHEW! But we did it.

I logged 12,734 steps, 22 minutes of vigorous activity, an hour and forty minutes of exercise, and got in all my calorie expenditure and then some, before midnight.

Feels good.

Oh, and here's the proof! lol



(The 5,000 steps is my minimum goal)

3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow, Beth. That there's some hard exercise you put in. Well done!!! Love the comment about the stale fart.. what a visual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! That is a lot of stepping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you had any idea how bad I was on vacation... Ugh. I got on the scale this morning. Not as bad as I thought, but I will have a slight gain when I go in for my fill tomorrow. :(

    ReplyDelete