Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, February 7, 2009

The scale FINALLY moved in my favor!


Omg, for nearly a week now I've been bobbling up and down 1/2 pound, to the point where I wanted to scream. The only thing that kept me sane as knowing I was doing everything right -- eating right, exercising, etc. -- and it wasn't me that was doing this.

The only other thing I've noticed is for just over a week now I have not been going to the bathroom regularly or... um... very productively. *blush*

Last Friday (a week ago) I had a sudden, unexpected bout of diarrhea. Not sick or anything, just that one day. Since then I haven't been regular, and when I do go, it's not much. So here I'm eating normally and not going -- so I guess I attributed the bobble to that.

I don't know what is causing it, but I'm eating TONS of veggies and some fruits -- lots of fiber. Maybe my system is just reacting to it, even though I've been eating like this for a few months now. But thankfully the scale went down 2 pounds for me as of this morning. I did the double fist pound thing in jubilation.

Hubby, otoh, seems to be enjoying HIS weight loss (without trying, mind you) and told me he weighed before and after his morning constitutional and went down 1/2 pound. I really hate him.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss ! Hang in there.
    Did you have any BM problems before ? the uncontrollable diarrhea before surgery ? You might want to keep an eye on that , you might have something like Irritable bowel syndrome.
    MEN Cant live with them cant live w/ out them
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I have it very rarely, so I know I don't have IBS. And this has happened before -- it's like my body is in shock or something. It especially can get bad when I have way increased my fiber intake via food.

    Hubby tried talking me into taking Milk of Magnesia, but I don't want to get that started. Stuff like that gets things moving, but it seems to throw everything off so much that it stops again. I did try some Benefiber today just in case... it's less harsh.

    I'll tell my doc when I see him on the 16th because it is somewhat odd.

    ReplyDelete