Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm wondering if this is normal


Tonight I ate dinner, and though I have had my third fill, I ate pretty big. Not huge, but big for somebody with three fills compared to some others on LBT that say they feel restriction.

Some days I do okay, but tonight I was hungry, and frankly, even after eating I wasn't NOT hungry.

However, I can feel some food (even now, nearly five hours after dinner) at the back of my throat. So food is there, but I don't feel full. Is this normal? I guess I should call my doc. I worry about stretching my pouch because I don't "feel full" as I should. I don't know if that's the typical way that happens, but I don't know why some days like today I'm starving and not feeling satisfied but can still feel food at the back of my throat/opening to my stoma.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, you have a stoma???? You shouldn't be feeling food there.... I'm confused. Different tubes. What do you mean by this? I need more of an explanation, please. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you are a bandster or not, but I have a lap-band. That creates a "stoma," the upper part of your stomach, which is sometimes called a pouch, in layman's terms. The theory is that you get full on much less food because the pouch fills with very little food.

    ReplyDelete