Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, February 23, 2009

I think I almost PBed the other night


I got together with some people on Saturday for a bring-a-dish Greek night. I made moussaka (the main dish) and other people brought other Greek-inspired foods. Great fun, met nice new people, and great food.

Anyway, I had a couple glasses of wine before dinner (nothing at all like last time we did our get-together), but because I had a virtually empty stomach, I guess it got to me a bit quicker. Anyway, that wasn't the issue. I find I STILL have a problem taking it slow when eating with guests or in a party atmosphere. I don't necessarily inhale my food -- never really did -- but I have not fully trained myself to eat sloooowly at all times.

Anyway, I felt this stuck feeling, and it was making me feel woozy. I remember I had to sit there for a minute and stop eating, hoping it would all go down. A couple people there know I have the band, but it's not common knowledge. I was afraid I was going to have a problem that I didn't know how to deal with -- and in front of company.

Okay, so I hafta remember the number one Commandment of Bandsters -- CHEW, CHEW, CHEW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment