Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, May 7, 2009

I need to get the potato off the couch


I haven't worked out AT ALL for well over a week now. Some of my reasoning (nee excuses) include the fact that my basement is a wreck since I started trying to lay flooring; it's been raining now since LAST Wednesday; and I'm in a funk. Okay, maybe a full-blown depression, but I'm trying to call it a funk so the guys in lab coats don't come and get me. Again. :D

I went out and bought some stuff to help get me motivated, things I don't need to do outside or need my basement for. I got a kit with all different resistance bands and tubes, which include a dvd; a tennis racket and a can of balls (ColoradoChick and I are planning on beating balls to death while dying on the court here in our neighborhood); and a yoga core thingy (a blow-up rubberized disc that is NOT a Bosu ball because, frankly, paying $99 for HALF a ball is just, well, insane) that includes some workout stuff.

Then I came home and ordered a couple books and dvd's from Jillian Michaels. Hey, she keeps making winners on TBL, so maybe she can kick my ass too.

So... let's see if this stuff ever makes it out of their boxes and makes me work out. :D

2 comments:

  1. I thought about the Jillian Michaels DVD. let me know which one you get and if you like it. Years ago, on what I think was my last failed diet attempt, i bought Slim in Six from TV. It worked for sure. And it used resistance bands which can totally kick your ass. I still have all of it...I should start. Hmmm...maybe tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I'll have to check out the band dvd you got! I have nothing to really show me what I should do other than whatever I come up with in my own imagination.

    I'll let you know how they are when I get them -- IF I can do them. First, because of the basement, and second, because even just the Biggest Loser workout dvd I have made me feel like I was gonna puke about two minutes into it. :(

    ReplyDelete