Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Watch those killer salads!


I started back to making my salads after being gone for a week and then coming back and immediately getting a fill and all the stuff that goes along with getting back to eating real food.

I sat down last night and input all the info for my salad into my food log for my GoWear Fit and wow, I was a bit surprised!

I found that fixing the salad the way I've been doing -- mixed spring greens, a small amount of crumbled bacon and goat cheese, dried cranberries, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, and a dressing called Girard's champagne vinaigrette -- it came to about 390 calories! I don't overdo the dressing or the other fatty stuff, and it may be a bit inflated because I think inputting the amounts slightly higher than what I actually put in (which says I need to actually WEIGH it to be sure), but DANG! It's amazing what you find out when you put all this stuff down. It also explains why maybe I wasn't doing so well last month when I was bobbling the same two pounds, up and down, because I was eating these salads for lunch AND dinner every day! Whoa...

Okay, so now I've got an idea of what's going on, and I will need to plan accordingly. It sucks because those are some damn good salads! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment