Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Gangbusters or procrastinator?

  

How many times have YOU done this?  I can't even begin to tell you how often I did this when beginning -- or thinking about beginning -- an exercise routine.  It could have been easy to do again here recently, because, even though I love the results of my exercise and the attention I've paid to my food intake, I won't lie -- it was kind of nice to have my little self-imposed vacation from it.  I know how easy it would have been to plop down every night when I get home and not work out.  And logging food is <whine> soooooo haaaaaaaard.  Truly, it's not that it's hard, per se -- but if you do it, you are forced to be accountable to yourself.  And an entire liter of Bailey's over the course of a day, well... I probably didn't want to know what THAT costs.

I haven't watched Dr. Phil for years, and I don't see him as some sort of guru, but he HAS said some great things before.  One of the sayings that used to hit me like a 2 by 4 is this:
A year from now, you're gonna weigh more or less than what you do right now.
 That's totally true.  Where do YOU want to be next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment