Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

New underpants and My 600-Pound Life


 

So, last night I was channel surfing and came across reruns of the TLC show My 600-Pound Life and was just... shocked.  I've seen big people before, certainly, but I don't recall ever seeing a show that followed them for years through weight loss (though, from what I can tell, this show specifically focused on their weight loss after gastric bypass surgery).

The only show I watched both parts for was the case of a woman named Melissa.  She was so cute and enjoyable that you really WANT her to succeed.  She has what seemed like a very supportive husband, but as time goes on, I realized that he probably preferred her fat because she was his project, somebody to take care of, somebody who needed him.  You see the dynamic of their relationship change as she loses weight and becomes more independent, driving again, doing things for herself... You almost see him losing his identity.  Oh, and you also find out later he's been messing around on her, at least emotionally, and quite possibly physically.

Anyway, not to belabor his asshattery, it was really emotional to see her change so drastically and taking to her new life.  It was also alarming when I'd see that she had gained weight, feeling her fear along with her, wondering if, in the long run, she succeeded or slipped back into obesity.  I'd like to watch more of it if they continue to play it.  Partially to see how they dealt with it, and maybe even in part as relief that I'm not battling such a huge journey.  Sure, mine is great as well, but it's never been so alarmingly huge.

On the good side, I think I need to go down TWO sizes of underwear.  I found some 9s in a box of smaller clothes at the house, but when I put them on, the butt in them is still too big.  Seems I'm in the market for some 8s!  I'll take every NSV when it comes.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment