Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My new love affair with school desk/chair combos


So yesterday was my first day of full-time school, and there was a nice, pleasant surprise! When I started school about 1 1/2 years ago, I could hardly fit in those stupid student desks which have the chairs attached. I always had to slide in just right, and typically I had to sit in them semi-sideways because my thighs wouldn't fit under the desk in front of me. So inevitably I was partway in the aisle, which was a real dilemma if or when others wanted to go up the aisle.

Well... I now have PLENTY of room between my stomach and the edge of the desk, AND I don't have to sit all askew! I remember when I first went to class back in January of 2008 and seeing those desks and having a panic attack, looking for ANYwhere else I could sit because I knew this was going to be embarassing for me. But not THIS year, bay-bee! AND, because the campus is so large, I got in over 7,000 steps yesterday (my minimum is 5,000). Because Mondays I have such a huge stretch of time between classes (three hours), I may decide to implement an exercise program of some sort while I'm on campus. I don't know yet if I can, as a student, go to a gym there, but I could still walk -- or run -- around campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment