Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

'Scuze me, Doctor, what's this thing on my butt and why is it shaped like a couch??

Omg, can you say NO exercise since I visited with my sister back in March (I think)??  I try to blame it on school, like I do the nibbling when I go through THAT too, but at this rate I could be blaming schooling for another year.  Obviously at the end of any semester I am cranking out papers by the forest-load and studying for finals, but I can't find an HOUR for myself?  REALLY?  Or is it that I don't really WANT to?  Unfortunately -- and if I'm really honest with myself -- I believe it's the latter.

Okay, so I FINALLY get my basement all put together last week (like TOTALLY finished -- even put up all the baseboards and arranged all the stuff down there), and I'm sitting upstairs getting butt rot on the couch.  WHY??  And to boot, I've been eating at times as if the band is just a rubber band -- i.e. stretchy.  I'm getting really pissed, and I'm getting pissed at me.  My goal of having done a 5K this spring is gone since I wasn't able to really do the Couch-2-5K through the winter.  Why?  Because I quit going to the gym (in fairness, though, I was working out in the basement... THEN).

Oh, and I think I'm addicted to ice cream.  No doubt I need an intervention.  Yes, I said it.  My name is Beth and I'm addicted to Ben.  And Jerry.  And Haagen Dazs.  My threesome is turning into an all-out orgy.  o_O

What the hell is going on??  I could kind of blame it on end-of-semester stress, but if I keep turning to food when I'm stressed, what have I learned??

The one GOOD thing happening now is that I have a vacation planned and booked for mid-August in Jamaica.  Because of this, I have set a goal -- to be below 200 by the time we leave (the last time I weighed, I was 215, but that may be just a pipe dream about now).  It's TOTALLY do-able, so long as I follow through.

Now if I could only get rid of this couch-shaped boil on my butt...

1 comment:

  1. Jamaica sounds like a great goal to work towards to me. This weight loss thing is not easy. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete