Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Knocked it out of the park

Well, I'm back home from my Thanksgiving visit with the family.  I haven't seen my brother and sister in over four years -- but I did see my folks back in August.

My mom and dad were the most vocal about how I looked, and that had me really surprised since I saw them a few short months ago.  They noticed the difference from that time, and they kept saying over and over, "Wow, you look SO GOOD!"  My mom said that, especially from behind, I just look "normal size" now.  Since I can't really see how I look from behind, I was very surprised by this.  I also wore some jeans I got at the Goodwill recently which I felt fit my frame very nicely.  My mom said she can't remember the last time she's ever seen me in jeans -- which is very true.

My siblings also said I look good, but it was much more low key.  I didn't expect much from my brother, but I also believe my sister was a bit taken aback, which kept her comments to a minimum -- especially after we teasingly did a "butt check" with my mom, who said our butts looked pretty much the same (my sister is taller than me and says she's a 12 compared to my 14, but I don't know that for a fact).

Though it wasn't a contest for me, it felt good to be close to her size for the first time in 20 years.  :)

And for obvious reasons, food was NOT logged nor calories counted during this trip.  Come Monday, it's back to the grind.  I'm READY to hit that 100-pounds-lost mark.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I went home for a week in november... my sister-in-law didn't comment at all. A clear sign that she was unhapp with my transformation. LOL ... Its her issue now, not mine. But I was sad to know that she wasn't happy for me. Her loss. YAY for smaller butts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, you got the silent treatment? It's annoying, but don't you kind of love it? Their silence says more than their words ever could. My sister made a quick comment about looking good, but my mom and dad were about having heart attacks over it -- and they saw me three months ago versus my having seen my sister four years ago. Since then, I've lost 52 inches, which is almost half my inch loss!

    ReplyDelete