Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, September 2, 2011

Smack dab in the middle


I'm baaaaaaack!

School is done, graduation commenced, my diploma has been received, vacations were taken, and a job has been found. And in the midst of it all, I've lost 30 pounds.

Graduation was May 21, and I graduated with honors. After that, I took a couple vacations By that time, after the stresses of school and finals, I had re-gained 30 pounds overall from my lowest banded weight of 215. We went to Italy from July 9 to the 23rd, and before I left, I was 245. Yep, I had re-gained nearly half of my overall loss.

We went on vacation, walked everywhere, and visited Rome, Florence, and Venice, with side-stops to Pisa, San Gimignano, Siene, Murano, and Burano. We also saw Vatican City, St. Peters Basilica, and the Sistine Chapel. I went up into il Duomo in Florence, the big cathedral there, and climbed all 463 steps to the very top. I went to Piazzale Michelangelo which is a steady upward climb so that I could catch some beautiful sunset photos over the Arno River, and this was after having gone to Pitti Palace and the Boboli Gardens, also tons of upward walking for most of the tour. We would get started walking around 10:00 most mornings, and we would be out and about until about 9:00 every night. It was hot enough that I was rarely hungry during the day, so meals consisted of breakfasts at our hotels and then a shared dinner. Granted, nearly every meal was pasta, and I even ate some bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, but when I got home, I had lost seven pounds. More interesting is that I lost another seven pounds in the two days after I got home. I attribute that to losing the after-travel bloat and no longer eating pasta. So yes, on 14 days of vacation, I lost 14 pounds. Tell me that won't jump-start your diet!

Since getting home, I began the 17-day diet and have lost another 15 pounds in about 32 days. I am back to within one pound of my all-time banded lowest weight. I did it on vacation, having fun, and walking like I've rarely walked before.

Now I'm back in full force and ready to push past that 215 milestone. When I updated my ticker, I noticed I'm smack dab in the middle of my weight-loss goal -- I've lost 76 pounds and I have another 76 to go. My next goal will be getting to Onederland, and then after that will be losing another eight pounds to make 100 pounds lost.

Yes, I am back indeed.

(The photo at the top is from Piazzale Michelangelo looking down the Arno towards the Ponte Vecchio.)

4 comments:

  1. I love you focus, can you share it with me? :o)

    Your trips sounds amazing, I can only hope that I will have as many great tales after my adventure next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! You sound very strong and ready to push ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back - and with a vengeance! Plus with one of the most stunning photos I've ever seen. It's absolutely beautiful. Many congrats on all you've lost. Will you post a pic some time?
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sam -- I'll share whatever I can. :) I need to get back to blogging now that I'm not putting in 16-hour days on schoolwork. Where are you going next month?

    @Dinnerland -- I really REALLY need to get a handle on this. I can't use stress from school as an excuse anymore -- nor can I eat pints of Haagen Dazs anymore. That was my comfort food of choice for waaay too long.

    @Caroline -- I will definitely post some pics; but since my thinnist pics on here are where I was at my lowest, no real loss would be seen, unfortunately. I WOULD like to share some of my vacation pics, which I may do. I even won a prize for a photo contest with one of them!

    ReplyDelete