Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, March 30, 2014

What a difference a year makes

A year ago today, I left my marriage and set out on my own.  It's hard to believe that it's been that long already, but it has.  In the last year, I feel like I've regained my sanity, I've lost 55 pounds, and I've had 365 days of peace.  It's amazing how little we realize the bad situation we live in when we're in it for so long.  It just becomes part of who we are, like having bad vision and squinting or adjusting the distance of what we're trying to read in order to see -- and then you get glasses, and all of a sudden, everything is clear.

Though I do not take leaving my (or any) marriage lightly, I also wish I had done it years ago.  I can only wonder where I'd be by now if I had, but I can't dwell on it.

Here's to a year dedicated to me.

1 comment: