Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, September 29, 2013

"I'm getting so jealous!"

I actually heard those words the other day from a girlfriend of mine who, whenever we went out, would typically get the attention from men.  She's pretty and blonde and has a beautiful smile and a great personality.  Additionally, she's led a very interesting life and has no problem finding things to keep her entertained and interested.  I always felt completely invisible next to her.

We were talking the other day, and she said out of the blue, "God, you're looking SO good!  You're going this way (she motioned inwards with her hands), and I'm going this way (she motioned with a widening of her hands).  I'm getting so jealous!"  This was on the heels of two other people within as many days who had made comments about how good I'm looking.  Our landlord at work showed up on Friday and said I was "wasting away."  Okay, that is certainly an exaggeration as I'm still nearly 200 pounds, but it felt good.

My mom thinks maybe I've hit another plateau and it's getting people's attention.  She would laughingly say that one of my other plateaus would be around the 212 mark.  At 213, I looked heavier than I did at 212, and that number was my plateau mark somehow.  Neither of us can figure how one pound can do that, but she swears it's true.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing all my family at Thanksgiving and surprising some folks.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment